Build relationships. Shape ideas. Create momentum.
Our Quest will offer first-hand experience of the region’s political, economic and social diversity and complexity. We’ll be based in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, with day-visits to various other locations across Israel and the Palestinian Territories. This is a chance to meet a fascinating mix of Israelis and Palestinians, both religious and secular. From academics and journalists, to farmers, entrepreneurs and refugee community leaders … from artists, inventors and industry moguls to civic leaders and government officials.
We will explore a variety of themes, including:
- Israel, the celebrated start-up nation: we will meet first generation entrepreneurs building businesses out of ground-breaking ideas – from high tech to clean tech – and the leading venture capital firms backing them.
- The Israeli/Palestinian conflict: the role of businesses, government and civic leaders on both sides. How they push peace initiatives, build civic cooperation, and generate livelihoods.
- Religious and ethnic cooperation in a multicultural democracy: a visit to Nazareth to meet Israeli Arabs who are running NGOs, law practices and technology companies and promoting tolerance between Israeli Jews and Arabs.
- Science and the arts: an opportunity to explore some of the extraordinary creativity that drives this region.
- The changing demographic face of Israel: a community visit to areas with ultra-orthodox Jewish communities – the fastest growing population group in Israel – to understand the challenges they face. We will see social entrepreneurs in action, trying to promote coexistence between different ethnic communities.
- Israel’s refugee crisis: the response of government and civic leaders to the thousands of Eritrean and Sudanese migrants who cross the border from Egypt every year.
The Quest will formally start on the morning of Sunday 21 May, with an optional welcome dinner the previous evening. There will be a choice each day of rich and varied visits. We will close on Thursday 25 May with a celebratory dinner. Participants are free to fly home late that night or the following day. This Open Quest will be led by Leaders’ Quest Founder, Lindsay Levin.
We have extensive experience of designing and delivering programmes that participants find outstanding and transformational. We would be delighted to have you join us on this, our fourth Israel and Palestine Quest.