We’re hiring for a full-time Chief of Staff to the Managing Partner, based in London. This is an opportunity to play an integral role in supporting the leadership team in a new phase of the organisation’s evolution.
The ideal candidate will drive and implement the priorities of the Managing Partner, who leads on critical internal functions and spends significant time with clients. Internally, the role will include driving people operations and culture, process improvements, and supporting our business development pipeline process. Externally, it will involve client management, stakeholder communications, and supporting design and delivery of leadership programmes.
This is an exciting and demanding opportunity to engage with global stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds – from boardrooms with Fortune 500 CEOs, to grassroots community organizers. You will also work with every workstream within the organisation - with teams spread across the US, UK, Europe and Asia - getting to know our work and people deeply. The ideal candidate will enjoy the rigour of working in the corporate sector, while having the flexibility and motivation of being mission driven and entrepreneurial.
The mission of Leaders’ Quest is to help wise leaders build a regenerative future. We are a diverse and tightly-knit group of colleagues who value collaboration and innovation. Our culture is open, progressive, entrepreneurial and fast-paced. Our ideal candidate is intellectually curious, and a strong individual contributor who can also manage and motivate teams, with a hunger to get things done at a high standard.
Client management and programme delivery:
- Manage client relationships, communications and processes to run a successful leadership programme or workshops.
- Support delivery and design of client programmes and workshops (called Quests) - both virtually and in-person.
- Lead on business development with senior colleagues; join client meetings, prepare client proposals, nurture relationships with relevant stakeholders including clients, partners and project teams.
Leading internal functions:
- Plan and lead people initiatives in collaboration with the Managing Partner - from team meetings and retreats, to training and appraisals, resourcing, recruitment etc.
- Champion internal learning around best practices, upskilling and process improvements.
- Create team cohesion and connecting dots for greater alignment across the organisation.
Direct support to the Managing Partner:
- Prioritize, delegate, and implement work on behalf of the Managing Partner. Tune into the Managing Partner's ‘flow’ to help use time effectively.
- Provide support with scheduling meetings, managing data and administration where relevant.
- Serve as a confidante and sounding board for the Managing Partner.
Key skills and characteristics
- Service-orientated mindset, empathetic and high EQ.
- Energetic, caring, entrepreneurial and creative - thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organisation and project management skills. High attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with a good eye for grammar, format and design.
- A fast working style, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines while keeping calm under pressure.
- Flexibility to lead and be led; comfortable behind the stage supporting those in the spotlight.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience required. Corporate experience/MBA or a background in programme/workshop design is preferred.
- IT literate, proficient in Microsoft Office and G Suite.
This is a full-time position based in London (partly working from home, partly with colleagues in a co-working space).
Please send a personalized cover letter or video (no longer than two minutes) and tailored CV (no more than two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Monday 26 July. We will begin interviewing immediately, so early applications are encouraged.
We will disregard ALL applications that do not have a cover letter separately attached.
We are only able to consider applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
Leaders’ Quest is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.