We are looking for 2-3 exceptional individuals to join our team of part-time Associates. This role requires a 40%+ time commitment and an ability to travel globally. Successful candidates will have 10+ years business leadership experience, and be able to lead C-suite client relationships and direct project teams. They’ll have strong programme design and facilitation skills, a willingness to dig into detail, and a passion for our mission and values.
Leaders’ Quest (LQ) works with CEOs and their teams to equip them for the demands of the 21st century. Our goal is to help leaders find their inspiration in building a sustainable, more inclusive world. We equip them to drive transformation through wisdom, compassion and the ability to grasp diverse perspectives. Our clients include major corporations, non-profits and coalitions.
Founded in 2001, we are a social enterprise. We have created 300+ experiential leadership programmes in 24 countries for 8000+ senior leaders. Our global community is a network of 11,000+ people. Since 2016 we have doubled in revenue and launched exciting new streams of work in systems change to address inter-dependent challenges like climate change.
Our vision over the next 2-5 years is to support leaders to deliver positive transformation at scale (within companies and communities, across industries and sectors).
As an Associate, you will be responsible for designing, preparing and facilitating experiential leadership programmes across different sectors and geographies, supporting business development and leading client relationships.
This part-time, portfolio role would suit senior executives with long-standing business experience, and a strong track record in operating at Board/C-suite level. This could be from a range of sectors: business, non-profit, politics, journalism, consultancy or as an entrepreneur.
Our team is diverse – background, age and nationality – with full-time core groups in London, New York, San Francisco and Mumbai, plus a global network of 35+ Associates.
- Relentless generosity.
- Patient ambition.
- Clear-eyed optimism.
To learn more about our work with business, watch our video
Role and responsibilities
Associates are attracted to work with us as part of a ‘portfolio life’. This role is flexible and on a consultancy basis. It includes home- or office-based work, as well as time in-country to prepare and deliver programmes. Training and field experience are provided as required.
You will be expected to:
- Work as part of a team to design and facilitate leadership programmes globally.
- Lead project teams and direct programmes (in time).
- Cultivate, build and manage influential relationships with clients (international corporate companies), hosts (people we meet in the countries we work in), and our teams (global and diverse).
- Support innovations in the way we work and what we deliver.
- Share in owning/living LQ ethos and values.
- Contribute to building the LQ network of mutually supportive people and relationships.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Commercial awareness and knowledge of (and affinity with) development issues/non-profits.
- Experience of managing client relationships from end-to-end, and leading teams.
- Passion for leadership development: design, frameworks, theories, practices.
- Credibility to hold space with senior executives, including amongst sceptics.
- Skilled in creative, intuitive workshop design.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills; inspiring and emotionally intelligent.
- Ability to operate with accuracy, passion and professionalism in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong strategic thinking and goal/values orientation.
- A global citizen mindset: fluid, worldly and intellectually capable.
- Curious and open/empathetic to diverse perspectives.
- Commitment to personal growth and self-reflection.
This is a part-time role requiring international travel, but we offer considerable flexibility to manage time. Salary based on duration of work. Please send a personalised cover letter, plus resumé (max two pages), and (optional) video clip describing your interest in the role, or showing your work in action to email@example.com