About Leaders' Quest
At Leaders’ Quest (LQ) our mission is to equip leaders and their teams to meet the demands of the 21st century. We help them develop wisdom, compassion and the capacity to build a more sustainable, inclusive world.
A social enterprise, we believe business is a force for good. Our clients and partners include companies at the forefront of technology, finance, heavy industry and telecoms, as well as global NGOs and non-profits. Our core team of 40 people is based in New York, London and Mumbai, and our network of Associates spans the world.
We mix experiential learning, thought-partnership and hands-on facilitation to spark change at three levels:
- Personal. Raising awareness of self and others; exploring personal purpose and enhancing the capacity to act with integrity.
- Organisational. Building a shared vision, shifting culture and fostering innovation.
- Systemic. Enabling senior executives to take action on global challenges, including forging cross-sector partnerships.
Our values are:
- Patient ambition. We tackle big challenges – and create the space for change to emerge.
- Relentless generosity. We strive to be loving to ourselves and others, even when it’s hard.
- Clear-eyed optimism. We look at life’s realities and see possibility – we know that hope is more powerful than fear.
We’re looking for a strong writer and thinker to join our busy communications and marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who wants to carve out their own niche in a small organisation with a big impact.
You’ll chiefly support our CEO, Partners and Associates on new business and marketing, with a focus on B2B sales meetings and proposal writing. This close proximity to senior leadership will give you invaluable insight into our work, and that of our clients.
Initially, you’ll be mentored by the Communications Manager, with the aim of enabling you to take ownership of this area. You’ll collaborate with the wider team on marketing messaging and materials, including for new products and initiatives. This could range from new online offerings, to our systemic projects focused on regenerative capitalism.
You’ll also build strong relationships across our global team, which could involve spending time in our Mumbai or New York offices if desired.
What we're looking for
Our ideal candidate will have 18 months’ to three years’ experience in corporate communications or journalism. Ideally, you’ll also have commercial awareness and client management skills, possibly honed in an agency setting. You’ll share our belief in business as a force for good, and be keen to join an organisation that aligns with your values.
We’re a diverse and tightly-knit group of colleagues who are driven by our mission. Our culture is entrepreneurial, supportive and open, so you’ll be able to grow and make the role your own.
At the same time, we’re a small team and sometimes you’ll have to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is needed. We value flexibility and commitment, and we offer a fair amount of leeway and trust over working arrangements in return.
Finally, we focus on personal growth – with our clients and our team – so this role would suit somebody who is interested in exploring and developing themselves.
Key skills and qualities
- Excellent writing skills.
- Able to get a good brief and run with it.
- Able to work at a fast-pace and to a high standard.
- Flexible ‘can do’ attitude.
- Self-aware and open to feedback.
- Committed to promoting a culture of mutual respect.
- Commercially and socially aware.
- Intellectually curious.
- 40 hours a week, typically 9am to 6pm although we are flexible about this.
- Based in Richmond-upon-Thames.
- Option to work from home when needed (and we’re open to exploring a more regular arrangement).
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
Please apply by sending a CV (max 2-pages) and cover letter (in written or video form) to email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 29 March.