This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to work for a small but global organisation with a big impact. We are a diverse and tightly-knit group of colleagues who value collaboration and innovation. Our culture is open, progressive, entrepreneurial and mission-driven. Our ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, a strong individual contributor who can also manage and motivate teams, with a hunger to get things done at a high standard.
You will work alongside, and support, Partners and other colleagues; this proximity to senior leadership will give you invaluable insight into our work and that of our clients. You will work with members of the global organisation (in offices that span San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai) and with members of the broader global LQ network (China, South Africa, Brazil, Europe and North America).
The ideal candidates will enjoy the rigor of working in the corporate sector, while having the flexibility and motivation of being mission-driven and entrepreneurial.
This position will offer exposure to a broad range of responsibilities, and an exciting career path as part of a global finance team.
- Accounts receivable: create client fee invoices and liaise with clients to ensure prompt payment. Work closely with the legal team in the UK office.
- Key role in overseeing expenses: review the documentation on Expensify, and ensure coding is consistent. Liaise with the Programmes Team and Associates as required.
- Bank reconciliations: complete monthly bank reconciliations as part of the month-end process.
- Work with Programmes Team to ensure that budgets are fully reconciled on a timely basis at the end of the project, transactions are filed accurately, and rechargeable expenses are invoiced correctly.
- Develop efficient financial systems and processes, integrate with wider management information systems as appropriate, and develop/maintain effective internal audit and internal control processes.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks that may arise from time to time.
Experience and characteristics required
- BA or MA in accounting, business, economics, finance or a related field.
- Several years of experience in a business or finance environment.
- Line management experience.
- Familiarity with accounting software used by SMEs (we use NetSuite).
- Good written English and communication skills.
- A keen interest in technology and software to improve efficiency.
- Proficient in using Excel spreadsheets and familiarity with desktop software.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on multiple roles and get the job done.
- Honesty, integrity and commitment.
- Sense of humour, fun and humility.
Full-time position based in Mumbai.
Salary: INR 9.0 – 11.0 Lac pa.
Please apply – mentioning Finance Coordinator in the subject line – by sending a CV (two pages max) and cover letter (in written or video form) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we will disregard ALL applications that don’t include a written/video cover letter.
Closing date: Friday 28 June 2019.