We are looking for a new Partner to join our team of nine full-time Partners, based in Europe or the US. The successful candidate will have 10+ years’ business leadership experience, and be capable of leading CEO/C-suite client relationships and global project teams. They will have proven facilitation skills, a willingness to dig into detail, and a passion for our mission and values. The role combines strong strategic, leadership and global insights with a drive to build purpose into the heart of business.
Leaders’ Quest works with CEOs and their teams to equip them for the demands of the 21st century. Our goal is to help leaders find their inspiration in building a sustainable, more inclusive world. We equip them to drive transformation through wisdom, compassion and the ability to grasp diverse perspectives. Our clients include major corporations, non-profits and coalitions.
Founded in 2001, we are a social enterprise. We have created 300+ experiential leadership programs in 24 countries for 8000+ senior leaders. Our global community is a network of 11,000+ people. Since 2016 we have doubled our revenue and launched exciting new streams of work in systems change to address inter-dependent challenges like climate change.
Our vision over the next 2-5 years is to support leaders to deliver positive transformation at scale (within companies and communities, across industries and sectors). As a Partner responsible for developing client relationships and delivering global projects you will play a mission-critical role in bringing this to life. This is an exciting time to join us!
This role would suit an entrepreneurial, mission-driven senior executive with long-standing business experience, and a strong track record in operating at the board/C-suite level. This could be from a range of sectors: business, non-profit, politics, journalism, consultancy or as an entrepreneur. This is a senior role as part of a core group of lead Partners. It is a permanent position.
We have offices in New York, London, Mumbai and San Francisco. We are looking for a Partner to join either our London or New York office. However, it is possible that the successful candidate is based elsewhere in Europe or on the west coast of the US.
To learn more about our work with business watch our video
- Relentless generosity
- Patient ambition
- Clear-eyed optimism
Role and responsibilities
Some of our full-time Partners have specialist roles. Most are generalists, busy in multiple areas, but with particular areas of focus. Some spend considerable time on important internal functions (communications, people etc.). Others primarily hold client relationships, including sales.
We are comfortable that there is no ‘one size fits all’ for this group but all are required to build and lead relationships with large client organizations. Every Partner is expected to contribute in the following domains:
1. Sustain financial stability
- Be active in business development and sales.
- Generate agreed revenue budget, in collaboration with colleagues.
2. Deepen our impact and live our mission
- Cultivate, build and manage high-value relationships across our community (clients, hosts and networks).
- Deliver programs/Quests in different countries (this includes directing the program and guiding the team).
- Support – and sometimes lead – innovations in how we work and what we deliver.
3. Develop our people
- Take on managerial responsibility for people and/or large-scale projects (team, clients, and/or host community).
- Mentor our team and next generation on-the-job.
- Act in alignment with Leaders’ Quest values.
4. Strive for operational efficiency, effectively
- Contribute to organisational strategy and decision-making at the Executive Committee level.
- Work in accordance with existing processes and policies.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- 10+ years’ experience in a related field (at least 3 years in a senior leadership position)
- Commercial awareness
- Experience managing high-value client relationships from end to end
- Credibility to hold the space with senior executives, including amongst sceptics
- Experience running successful teams and mentoring others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A global citizen mindset: fluid, worldly and intellectually capable
- Confidence in who you are, but ability to balance this with humility
- Comfort with complexity and openness to diverse perspectives
- Ability to ‘dance on your feet’ and roll up your sleeves in our most high-pressure circumstances
- Ability to lead whether in London, Beijing or Timbuktu
- Capacity to build trust and safety as a foundation for collaboration/work
- Ability to balance courage and vulnerability
- Commitment to ‘inner’ work/personal transformation
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience leading culture change, systems change, HR, public relations, or operations
- Experience in the sustainability space and/or with systems change
To apply: This is a full-time role with international travel but considerable flexibility to manage time. Salary dependent on experience. Please send a personalised cover letter, plus resume (max two pages), and (optional) video clip describing your interest in the role, or showing your work in action to firstname.lastname@example.org.