About Leaders' Quest
Leaders' Quest exists to develop wise, compassionate and adept leaders capable of leading in today’s fast-changing, disrupted environments. Our goal is to contribute to building a more sustainable, inclusive world.
Much of our work is dedicated to supporting global companies in defining purpose, deepening leadership capacity, embedding values and best practice and helping leaders move to action.
Since 2001, we’ve delivered more than 200 experiential learning programs (Quests) around the globe for senior leaders from all walks of life. We’ve worked with the boards and senior teams of a wide range of global companies, as well as academic, governmental and non-profit institutions.
Through our Quest Fellowship program, we’ve empowered more than 900 grassroots leaders (predominantly in India) to drive positive change in their own communities. Collectively, our fellows have made a difference to more than 1.5 million lives.
Our global community is a vibrant network of 9,000+ people, generating a constant flow of new ideas, partnerships and collaborations.
We are looking for a Program Director to lead on a range of global projects. Program Director is a senior role providing thought partnership and co-creative effort on program design, business proposals, and other special projects. S/he is responsible for overseeing, training and joining other team members in the building, management, and delivery of programs. Program Directors are expected to self-direct and manage internal resources, with input from Partners.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to work for a small but global organization with a big impact. We are a diverse and tightly-knit group of colleagues who value collaboration and innovation. Our culture is open, progressive, entrepreneurial and mission-driven. Our ideal candidate would be intellectually curious, a strong individual contributor that can also manage and motivate teams, with a hunger to get things done.
You’ll have the opportunity to navigate diverse environments with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds – from boardrooms with Fortune 500 CEOs, to grassroots community organizers, in a variety of geographies.
You will work alongside Partners and other colleagues. You will work with members of the global organization (in offices that span San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai and Singapore) and with members of the broader global LQ network (spanning China, South Africa, Brazil, and all across Europe and Northern America).
This is an ideal role for someone seeking global impact across a diversity of sectors and levels. Ideal candidates would enjoy the rigor of working in the corporate sector, while having the motivation of being mission-driven and entrepreneurial.
Roles and responsibilities
- Partner with senior team members and external client stakeholders to design and develop transformation in our clients’ organizations.
- Lead on content design for Quests, participating in workshop planning and program facilitation.
- Ability to receive a preliminary brief, and then visualize, design, build, and manage the execution of a project.
- Manage client relationships and communications, ensuring the highest quality engagement.
- Build and nurture relationships to grow the LQ global community.
- Manage internal operations, resources, and teams to deliver client programs.
- Synthesize large quantities of written and verbal information.
- Prepare concise communications to creatively share messages in a variety of formats that resonate with needs of our clients and partners.
- Drive internal learning around best practices, upskilling, mentoring/shared learning across the LQ organization.
- Active participation in business development through writing proposals, suggesting potential clients and cultivating relationships.
Key skills, competencies and characteristics
- Thrives in an environment that demands comfort with ambiguity and flexibility.
- A fast working style, along with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Maintains rigorously high standards.
- Determined in the pursuit of a goal and a problem solver.
- Intellectual curiosity plus the ability to understand the sectors in which we work, including how different parts of society are interconnected.
- Well-read and well informed.
- Emotional intelligence; demonstrating high levels of empathy and self-awareness, an interest in self-development and the ability to be comfortable with the uncomfortable.
- Strong desire to learn and to share learning with others.
- Robust analytical skills and ability to synthesize information quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Flexibility to lead and be led; equally happy to share responsibility, take direction, or take ownership as required.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across geographies and backgrounds.
- Strong writing skills, and the ability to co-write effectively with others. A good eye for detail, grammar, format and design.
- Desire to make a positive impact in the world.
- Corporate experience or an advanced degree in business/commerce is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience required.
Please send a CV and separate covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Friday 21 December 2018.
We will disregard ALL applications that do not have a separate cover letter.
Please mention Program Director New York in the subject of your email. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
Please note: This is a full-time position, based in New York.