At Leaders’ Quest, our mission is to equip leaders and their teams to meet the demands of the 21st century. We help them develop wisdom, compassion and the capacity to build a more sustainable, inclusive world.
Since 2001, we’ve delivered 300+ transformational programmes in 24 countries for 8,000+ senior leaders. Our global community is a network of 11,000+ people, generating new ideas, partnerships and collaborations.
A social enterprise, we believe business is a force for good. Our clients and partners include companies at the forefront of technology, finance, heavy industry and telecoms, as well as global NGOs and non-profits.
We mix experiential learning, thought-partnership and hands-on facilitation to spark change at three levels: personal, organisational and systemic.
Personal: raising awareness of self and others; exploring personal purpose and enhancing the capacity to act with integrity.
Organisational: building a shared vision, shifting culture and fostering innovation.
Systemic: enabling senior executives to play a more meaningful role in today’s hyper-connected world, including forging cross-sector partnerships.
We are looking for a Programme Manager to support on a range of global projects, including development of content, stewardship of key partnerships, and research/writing of programme materials. You will work alongside, and support, Partners and other colleagues, and this will give you invaluable insight into our clients’ work. You will be in contact with colleagues in our San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai and Singapore offices, and with members of the global LQ network (spanning China, South Africa, Brazil, Europe and North America).
This is an exciting opportunity for someone seeking exposure to the world across a diversity of sectors and levels. We are a small organisation with a big impact. A diverse, tightly-knit group of colleagues, we value collaboration and innovation. Our culture is open, progressive, entrepreneurial and mission-driven.
Programme development and delivery
- Supporting senior team members and external client stakeholders in building and developing content.Working closely with clients to manage programme timelines.
- Working closely with clients to manage programme timelines.
- Working with team members to track project delivery.
- Managing project budgets, client contracts.
- Researching and writing of programmes and briefing materials.
- Handling logistics (including research and vendor management) as required in the lead up to, and during, projects.
Host and client relations
- Building new relationships to grow the LQ community (in India and globally).
- Managing relationships (and communications) with clients and hosts, ensuring the highest quality engagement.
- Synthesising large quantities of written or verbal information; creatively sharing messages to resonate with the needs of our clients.
- Managing internal operations and resources to deliver client programmes.
- Driving internal learning around best practice, upskilling, mentoring/shared learning across LQ.
- Undertaking research-based tasks and thinking laterally around global issues (eg innovation, sustainability), to produce proposals or supporting materials.
- Sharing learnings across LQ.
Key skills and competencies
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Maintenance of rigorously high standards
- Strong LQ culture fit: active listener and a global mindset. Energetic, positive and curious.
- Ability to understand the complexity of the sectors in which we work, including how different parts of society operate together.
- A keen interest in current affairs.
- Emotional intelligence, high levels of empathy and self-awareness.
- An interest in self-development.
- Flexibility to lead and be led; equally happy to share responsibility, take direction, or take ownership.
- Strong writing skills, a good eye for detail, grammar, format and design.
- Experience in managing projects with key stakeholders.
- Minimum of 4 years’ work experience required (preferably with businesses and NGOs).
This is a full-time position based in Mumbai, India.
Please apply with a personalised cover letter (one page) and a CV (no more than two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 26 April.
Any applications without a personalised cover letter will be rejected.