We are looking for a Research and Logistics Assistant to support our global programmes teams. Efficient operations management, great communication skills, and an ability to multi-task/keep to deadlines are crucial to the delivery of our work.
We would love to hear from smart, motivated, energetic individuals who enjoy detailed logistical work and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. This is a rewarding opportunity to work with a global social enterprise and help us scale our impact.
Key skills and characteristics
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to research current trends, global issues and themes for different geographies.
- Can multi-task and juggle different timescales/deadlines, across several projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Salesforce experience would be a bonus.
- Excellent command of the English language, written and verbal.
- Previous experience in project management or project support is helpful, but not essential.
- Can work effectively with a global team, across multiple time zones.
- You love detailed logistical work, including managing schedules, bookings and timelines.
- Operational efficiency excites you and you enjoy supporting others to do their best work.
- Strong writing skills and a good eye for detail, grammar, format and design.
- A self-starter who enjoys working independently and in a team.
- Flexible, with a positive attitude.
- High energy, fast-paced worker who keeps calm under pressure.
- Willing to help out in times of need, including working beyond normal office hours.
- Strong LQ culture fit: active listener with a global mindset. Energetic, positive and curious.
- Lead on researching, identifying and negotiating all programme logistics, including hotels, venues, menus, transportation and flights.
- Manage on-going relationships with all programme suppliers, including negotiation and booking of contracts.
- Occasional travel to provide on-the-ground support, in India and internationally.
- Assist in the preparation of all documentation in the lead up to, during and after programmes. Eg capturing feedback, ensuring payments, reconciling budgets etc.
- Play a key role in managing events for the India office.
Global research support
- Provide remote support, as needed, to global teams – including but not limited to new geographies, clients and global issues.
- Liaise with a wide variety of LQ stakeholders. This will involve working with team members across our different offices (India, UK, US and beyond).
- Contribute to maintaining the LQ database.
- Responsible for a range of general office duties, to include maintenance of office equipment, ordering of stationery and gifts and ad hoc tasks.
- Adhere to all LQ policies and carry out processes as required.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience.
- 25 days of annual leave (does not include bank holidays, sick leave and days in lieu).
- Health and travel insurance.
Please send a CV and separate covering letter to email@example.com, mentioning Research and Logistics Assistant in the subject of your email.
Both documents should be attachments (preferably in PDF). We will disregard ALL applications that do not have a separate cover letter.
Closing date for applications is 20 March 2019.