We’re looking for someone who is keen to work for a small organisation with a big impact. Our ideal candidate will be a smart, energetic individual who thrives in a busy working environment. You will be flexible, have a positive attitude and excellent attention to detail.
We are a close-knit team, with a diverse set of backgrounds, ages and nationalities. Valuing collaboration and innovation, our culture is open, progressive, entrepreneurial and mission-driven.
If you think you might be the person Leaders’ Quest is looking for, then we would love to hear from you!
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Office Administrator, to provide support to our New York office. We’re looking for a dynamic and experienced generalist who can hold multiple projects and deadlines, make quick decisions and work collaboratively with a global team.
We need someone who will be able to work within existing systems, while being comfortable contributing new ideas; someone with a high energy level who is self-regulating; possesses both reliability and consistency; comes with an ability to learn and problem solve and has world class organisational skills.
Although the role is diverse in nature, accounting interest and acumen is paramount.
- Accounts Payable. Input invoices on USA payment schedule and ensure W8 / W9 forms submitted for all new vendors.
- Expenses. Review all US-based submissions on Expensify, check supporting documentation and ensure timely submissions of cash-card and credit-card expenses by the team.
- Petty Cash. Management of the US cash-book, detailed entry of payments and month-end cash-counts and reconciliations.
- LQ Foundation. Track donations received through the Foundation bank account.
- Per Diem. Support the team on processing per diem requests for travel to UK or India LQ Offices. Budget. Hold oversight of the USA Operating Cost Budget
- Onboarding and offboarding of staff and part-time colleagues. Manage checklists and all associated administrative requirements related to this.
- Recruitment. Support on the administrative aspects of recruitment including posting adverts on relevant job sites, compiling job descriptions, scheduling interviews, collating references.
- Visas and visiting staff logistics. Lead on preparation of visa invitation letters for internal staff visits. Manage approval and oversight of trip requests on Salesforce.
- Performance reviews. Liaise with line managers to ensure PDRs are submitted on time.
- Liaison with the building management and vendors.
- Filing of office documents, correspondence and finances.
- Management of office supplies and materials, including business cards and printing items.
- Management of office equipment and mobile phones.
IT / telephones
- Liaison for USA IT provider.
- Liaison for Verizon and ‘8x8’.
What we're looking for
Your experience will likely include:
- Previous work experience in a similar role and capacity.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, NetSuite skill (or ability to quickly grasp).
- The ability to influence multiple team members and work on many projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, excellent organisational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- The ability to work autonomously, manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
You will be:
- Able to embrace cloud-based accounting.
- A high-energy, fast-paced worker who keeps calm under pressure
- Flexible and willing to assist in times of need, including occasional work out of normal office hours.
- Able to use your initiative and think outside of the box; known for thinking/planning ahead.
- Altruistic and supportive of the working values of LQ.
Your personal characteristics will include:
- Integrity and commitment.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on multiple roles to get the job done.
- Openness to new ideas, plus an ability to focus, make pragmatic choices and deliver outcomes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
- Sense of humour, fun and humility.
- Socially conscious and globally aware.
Please send a CV and separate covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Friday 18 January 2019.
We will disregard ALL applications that do not have a separate cover letter.
Please mention Office Administrator New York in the subject of your email. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
Please note: This is a full-time position, based in New York.