Leaders’ Quest is looking for an experienced events specialist to work with us to deliver a series of large events towards the end of 2021 and in early 2022.
The position holder will be responsible for the organization and execution of these events, supported by a Program Coordinator.
The role will include; overall project management, upward and downward team management, working closely with the client’s event team to ensure expectations are met, managing vendor relationships and reporting back to the Program Director with regular progress reports.
This role would best suit a person who is creative in their approach to problem solving, feels comfortable managing complexity, can handle a varied workload and is able to work to a high standard within tight deadlines.
Due to COVID-19, the events may take place in-person or virtually. Therefore, ability to manage the successful launch of virtual events will be required for this role.
This is a contract role which will run the duration of the project starting in Q4 and will run until the end of January ‘22 with potential to extend.
Role and responsibilities
Event project management and logistics:
- Create and execute on project timeline and milestones
- Vendor and logistics management across all aspects of delivery including hotels, venues transport and flights; or in the case of virtual events, management of technology such as Zoom
- Sourcing all suppliers (venues, transport, ect.)
- Negotiating rates and agreements across all suppliers
- On the day event management ensuring everything is completed smoothly across all vendors
- Issue resolution
- Ongoing relationship building with, and post-event feedback to, suppliers/vendors.
Client and participant relations:
- Hold and maintain strong relations between Leaders’ Quest and the client.
- Day to day liaison with the client’s events team, working closely with them to ensure smooth communications.
- Be the interface with program participants, ensuring all necessary information is communicated, maintaining schedules, and gathering all required information.
- Carry out any other necessary participant administration, and post-program follow up.
- Manage all team logistics including accommodation, flights and prep schedules
- Manage all team communications including briefing calls, making sure everyone feels confident and fully prepared to deliver.
- Work closely with the Program Coordinator to ensure quality of delivery.
- To be responsible for the preparation of all program documents, including welcome packs/programmes, briefing materials and other key documentation.
- Managing overall event budget to ensure it comes within the agreed costs
- Flagging any budgetary risks
- Tracking and managing event expenses
- Working with the finance team to ensure budget is completed and shared with the client within the agreed timeframe
Key skills, competencies and characteristics
- Demonstrable experience of managing and delivering large events, in-person and virtually.
- Experience working within a high stakes environment, directly with clients.
- Thrives in an environment that demands comfort with ambiguity and flexibility.
- A fast working style, with strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle work streams at once.
- Flexibility to lead and be led; equally happy to share responsibility, take direction, or take ownership.
- Maintains rigorously high standards.
- Determined in the pursuit of a goal or problem solving.
- Emotional intelligence; demonstrates high levels of empathy and self-awareness, an interest in self-development and the ability to be comfortable with the uncomfortable.
- Strong desire to learn and to share learning with others.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across geographies and backgrounds. Enhanced interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong writing skills, and the ability to co-write effectively with others. A good eye for detail, grammar, format and design
- Strong LQ culture fit: active listener, possesses humility, altruistic, and a global mindset. Energetic, positive and curious.
Please send a personalised cover letter or video (no longer than two minutes) and tailored CV (no more than two pages) to Carolina.Vellar@leadersquest.org
Application deadline: Friday September 10th. We will be interviewing before the closing date, so encourage early applications.
We will disregard ALL applications that do not have a cover letter separately attached. Applicants require the right to work in the US.
Leaders’ Quest is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.